Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. "Golden Rule" Community Credit Union requires that all visitors to our website comply with the following rules and regulations. If you do not agree to any of these following conditions, do not access our website.
Third Party Content
"Golden Rule" Community Credit Union provides links to other sites. As such, "Golden Rule" Community Credit Union is a distributor of information. "Golden Rule" Community Credit Union is not in control of the content, product, or service on any of these third party websites. Also GRCCU privacy statement does not apply to the third party websites. Please consult the privacy disclosures on the third party websites.
While we make our best efforts to provide accurate and up to date information on the website , we make no warranties as to the accuracy of the information . You agree that your use of GRCCU's website is at your own risk. By your use of the website you acknowledge that we disclaim any liability for any damages arising in the connection with your access to or use of our website.
How to Stay Secure Online
There are important steps you can take to protect the security of your accounts and information:
1. Take care of your personal information. Your personal information is present on mail, credit cards, and identification. Protecting these pieces of information is the first step in reducing your risk of identity theft and fraud.
2. Protect your Password. Make sure to keep your password a secret. Don't write it down, don't share it with anyone else, and if you're using a computer in a public area, make sure nobody else is watching your keystrokes as you enter your password.
3. Keep your browser and operating systems up to date. New versions and updates often include important security enhancement and can be downloaded- usually for free-on the vendor's Web site. Some vendor sites even scan your computer (with your permission) to see if the software on your computer needs to be updated.
4. Update your anti-virus software regularly. Anti-virus software needs frequent updates to guard against new viruses, so be sure to donload updates as soon as they're available. Some anit-virus software will eben check for virus updates whenever you connect to the internet.
5.Provide information only to trusted sources. You should share your information only with trusted sources. If you can't verify the identity of the source asking for your personal information, you should be very cautious about sharing any information with this source.
6. Eliminate paper and increase security. Recent studies have shown that a very easy way to protect your personal information is to limit the amount of paper taht has your personal information printed on it. Some ways you can eliminate paper and increase your security are: a) reduce the amount of mail you receive that displays personal information by sign in to our online ssystem and enrolling in online statements to receive your statements online. b) Shred unnecessary financial documents before throwing away. c) sign up for direct deposit to ahve the funds put directly in your account without the need for paper checks.
When it come to emails and links:
- Make sure you know who has sent you any messages. If in doubt, delete it.
- Never click on any links if you are unsure of the sender.
- Never send confidential information to anyone. GRCCU will never ask you to "go here and fill in this information" or "please send us this information."
We are closely monitoring developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The health and safetly of our members, associates and comunities remain our top priority, and we will continue to take appropriate actions as needed.
If your ability to pay your GRCCU loan has been impacted by COVID-19, please contact a Member Service Representative at (920) 749-5336 to see if you qualify for our COVID-19 Hardship program.
Please know that wait times may be longer than usual as we work with our members.
If you are using a screen reader and are having problems using this website, please call 920-748-5336 for assistance.